Saturday, August 2, 2014

Cricut Compatible Stamp Sets

As most of you know I LOVE my Cricut.  Adding a die cut shape to my cards or scrapbook layout just adds a little bit of ooomph to the project in my opinion.
The greatest thing about the Close to My Heart Cricut cartridges is that they are bundled with three My Acrylix stamp sets and chipboard pieces and they come packed with 700 images – I’m not sure if there is another Cricut cartridge that offers that many shapes!
The first and most exciting thing that I’d like to share is that Close to My Heart has added a shopping tab just for the Cricut Compatible Stamp Sets.  They do not follow the same retirement program as some of our other stamp sets and although they might not be in the catalog you can find them all right here!

DSCN1061DSCN1062DSCN1063
The next tip I’d like to share is how to store your stamp sets.  In the past I have stored my stamp sets in individual storage boxes separated by size and organized by number.  This system still works great for me, however I’ve enhanced it a bit by separating out my Cricut Compatible sets into a Large Organizer $27.50 Z1834
 Within the organizer I have separated out the cartridge type and they fit just perfectly!  

DSCN1059DSCN1060
My third tip I’m sure will make perfect sense…when you cut one – you may as well cut a half dozen!  When I first started with my Cricut I would make one cut at a time and then I realized that I didn’t always (even though our stamps are clear) get the image perfectly placed on the die cut paper so I started cutting more than one and you know what sometimes I started getting them stamped perfectly on the first try.  What to do with those other cuts – save them of course.  I keep them tucked right in with the stamp set for the next time I need to make a quick card.
I hope you’ve found my tips helpful and that you’ll stop by again soon – or even better click on the follow button on the right and you’ll get a new e-mail each time I post.
And if that wasn't enough info....there is a brand new Close To My Heart/Cricut cartridge coming in this catalog. It's not yet available (ProvoCraft has some production delays) so I'm waiting much as you are to get my hands on this amazing cartridge....CTMH has let us know it should be available in September 2014! 
Let me tell you, it is the answer to this cardmaker's dreams!!!  


The new-for-2014 cartridge is called "Artfully Sent."  With more than 700 images on this completely designed cartridge, the value is immense. Here's what theInspirations Book says about this cartridge:

"Cardmaking has never been easier or more fun! With our newest Cricut collection you can make handmade masterpieces in no time at all. Choose from cards with sentiments cut directly into them, or combine several cutouts to create your own pop-up scenes. Featuring more than 25 different card themes and 5 different card formats including dynamic interactive designs, this cartridge has a card for any and all occasions -- even if the occasion is "just because"!  Card styles include pop-ups, scenes, sentiments, sleeves and pocket cards.  

Now let's take a look at everything your $99 investment in this new cartridge will get you:
1 Cricut Cartridge (700 images; cards and font)
3 (that's right, THREE!) My Acrylix D-size stamp sets (value $17.95 each!)
1 pack of 12x12" CTMH White Cardstock (a $9.50 value!)

Let me give you a sneak peek at just one of the really fabulous cards you can make with this cartridge.  This is one that's shown in the Inspirations Book, as an example:



Another great CTMH consultant found this screen shot of what the cartridge's book looks like to find this pop-up balloon image:



See it there, in the "Pop Ups" icon, top (red)?  YES, Cricut cuts out the center of the card, and you just adhere it to your cover -- voila, you're a pop-up card artist!!  Add the cute banner ... or use it on other cards, scrapbook pages, etc. ... and you've got a darling card.

And yes, you can even use it in Cricut Craft Room (for the Expression) or Cricut Design Room (with your Explore). Look here:



How easy-peasy is that?!   I'm telling you, I've never been more excited about a Cricut/CTMH cartridge as I am about the pending arrival of "Artfully Sent."

Here is Close To My Heart's video about this fantastic new cartridge




Now, we're all prevented from "pre-selling" this Cricut cartridge because, frankly, there are many top-sellers who have been undercutting us little guys.  But I CAN take your name and e-mail address if you're interested in being the first on your block to order it from me as soon as it's available.

No comments:

Post a Comment